Thursday, November 1, 2007
banner photos, explained.
1. The Golden Gate Bridge. I've lived in the Bay Area for almost 14 years. Officially longer than I've
ever lived in one place before. No, we were not close to last week's fires. Yes, we were very
close to this week's earthquake.
2. Dunquin, aka The Bun. She's three. She lost her hearing as a kitten due to a medication
allergy, but it hasn't really slowed her down. She likes to eat small animals (we're trying to
train her to only go for the gophers). She likes to sit in things. I'm 100% certain she was the
model for the cat in that cartoon.
3. One of my own wedding photos.
4. A shot of me before the San Francisco Symphony Gala, taken a couple of months ago by
our incredibly talented neighbor. I'm terribly un-photogenic, but I really like this shot. It was
such a fun evening.
5. Pierre Hermé. The Chanel of chocolates and my own little mecca. Visited this past April.
6. A corner of my sadly neglected garden. (Note to the neighbor: the USDA folks are sweet
as can be! Thanks for the introduction!)
7. Our tiny little 1921 Craftsman bungalow. I include this because we are scheduled to start a
major remodel in the spring, and you are sure to read all the sordid details here.